Privacy Notice – McKesson ideaShare
Effective Date: April 7, 2017
At McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical (“McKesson” or “we”), we value the trust that our customers and business partners place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs visitors and users of McKesson’s ideaShare website about the purposes for which McKesson may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we’re using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using our website, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the McKesson ideaShare website (www.mckessonideashare.com). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, sub-domains, and services through other web, mobile, or cloud platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, McKesson business partners, ad networks and other third parties may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read their privacy notices and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use the McKesson ideaShare website, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- User behavioral information, such as your IP address, browser type, navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on our website
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet, such as on Facebook and Twitter.
We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
We may collect non-personal information, which may be aggregated with other information. If we combine your non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
When you register for the ideaShare event through our third-party provider, iReg, they may collect the following personal information from you and share it with us:
- Name and initials
- Contact information, such as your business address, telephone number and email address
- Professional and employment information, such as your occupation and title
- Sensitive personal information, such as your user ID and password
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about users of this website. These technologies include the following:
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We and our business partners, marketing partners, affiliates, or other service providers may also use technologies such as beacons, scripts and tags. These methodologies are used to analyze trends, facilitate the acceptance of payment, gather demographic information about our users, perform data analysis and audits, and track user’s movement through our platforms. We receive reports based on the use of tracking technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis from Google Analytics. To learn more about Google Analytics privacy practices and opt-out, click here.
- We also use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store content information and preferences. Third parties who we partner with to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ‘Do Not Track’ feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This site or service is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Advertising services
- Customer and troubleshooting support
- Marketing notices, newsletter, or communications via email, fax, mail, mobile badge notifications, or text message
- Marketing initiatives via surveys, contests, and research activities
- Reporting or data analytics services
- Personalized user service or customized site-content based user preferences
We may also use the information collected for the following purposes:
- If you participate in surveys, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys. We will not share the personal information you provide through a survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- U.S. Pharmaceutical does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as customer support and marketing notices. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
McKesson may also need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through this website will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may discontinue information collection by discontinuing access to this website altogether.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or by managing your preferences here.
Access to Personal Information
You can update information about you by contacting your account representative or at email@example.com.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
This site is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through the McKesson ideaShare website.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information (e.g., credit / debit card number) will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, U.S. Pharma ideaShare)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329