Effective Date: March 3, 2023
At McKesson Corporation (“McKesson”, “our”, “us”, or “we”), we value the trust that pharmacies, pharmaceutical or drug manufacturers, other consumers/customers, employees, vendors, contractors and health plans or payers place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies to our use of personal information we collect in connection with your use of the McKesson ideaShare website (https://mckesson ideashare.com). It also informs how McKesson will use, share and protect personal information about you. By using this website or providing personal information, you accept the privacy practices in this Privacy Notice. Please read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this site or submitting any personal information.
For McKesson Workers, please refer to this Privacy Notice.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the McKesson event registration website hosted on Cvent and our use of personal information we collect in connection with your use of McKesson ideaShare.
The Privacy Notice does not apply to:
- McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries that may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice.
- McKesson business partners, ad networks and other third parties that may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices.
We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites and applications that you visit and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use this site, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- First name, last name
- Degrees and schooling information, licenses and certifications
- Photographs/videos, dietary needs and allergies
- Business address, business telephone number (office, cell, fax, etc.), business electronic mail address, personal electronic mail address, emergency contact, NCPDP #, McKesson account #
- Credit/Debit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, CVV, CVC2, CID number (code verification value code), other Sensitive personal information,
- User’s browser type, user’s operating system, device identification number/serial number (such as for mobile phone, tablet, or computer)
- Geo-location/GPS information, IP address, device/user activity (such as login-logout info, sites/pages visited, # of visits, click stream, navigation, beacon signal hits, errors, crash rate, or other user activities).
- Information you provide directly to us:
- When you use this site.
- When you use offline features related to this site, such as communicating with us by phone, e-mail, or in person.
- When you interact with us in the ordinary course of business.
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Personal information may be aggregated with other information that may not be considered personal information. If we combine your non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about users of this site. These technologies include the following:
- Web server logs
- As is true of most websites and applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Geo-location Services
- When you enable a location-based service, we may collect information about your location for geographic research with McKesson ideaShare. Your browser or other device may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Other Tracking Technologies
- o We and our subsidiaries, business partners, marketing partners, affiliates, or other service providers may also use technologies such as scripts and tags. These methodologies are used [list business purpose for tracking]. We may receive reports based on the use of tracking technologies from Google Analytics on an individual as well as aggregated basis. To learn more about Google Analytics’ privacy practices, click here. If you want to opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics, click here.
- We also use local storage such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Our third party partners who provide certain features or display advertising on our site may do the same. Your browser may offer their own management tools for removing local storage.
These tracking technologies are used to track user’s movement through our platforms. We may receive reports based on the use of tracking technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ”Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want your online activity tracked over time and across websites. You may adjust these preferences at any time by adjusting your Cookie Settings and/or individual browser’s settings.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Marketing notices, newsletter, or communications via email, fax, mail, mobile badge notifications, or text message,
- Managed services, payment processing services
- Reporting or data analytics services,
- Customer and troubleshooting support
- Personalized user service or customized site-content based user preferences
We may also use the information collected for the following purposes:
- Surveys or Contests
- If you participate in surveys, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) www.aboutads.info/choices/
European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDDA) www.youronlinechoices.com
Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC) http://youradchoices.ca/
- Network Advertising Initiative (NAI)
- Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA)
- Where permitted in our legitimate interest, or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your name and email address to send you our newsletter.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- McKesson do not sell your personal information to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities. These business activities include: managed services, customer and troubleshooting support, payment processing services and reporting or data analytics services. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us.
McKesson may also need to share information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
You can limit the personal information you disclose to us by choosing not to provide it within the Cvent or by failing to provide information through any offline features or in the ordinary course of business.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those emails, or by contacting us using the contact information listed below.
Access to Personal Information
You may update your information directly through the registration site or by sending an email to the email address on the event website.
We will retain your personal information as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or enforce our agreements.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (”HIPAA”)
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
To the extent that we are functioning as a HIPAA Covered Entity, a Notice of Privacy Practices will be made available to you.
Social Media Connection
You may choose to use this site in connection with social networking services such as LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter (‘Social Networking Services’). By using these social networking services with this site, we can offer you a more personal experience. If you connect your current account to a Social Networking Services account, we may collect certain personal information that you have provided to that social networking service. For example, when you log in with your Facebook credentials, we may collect personal information from your Facebook profile, such as your email address, profile picture, and friend list.
This site is not intended for users under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Users under the age of 13 should not submit any personal information or use this site.
How We Protect Your Information
We protect the information we collect with appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards. We only allow our employees, contractors, and agents to access personal information if they need access to perform services on McKesson’s behalf. They are also subject to confidentiality obligations.
Any sensitive personal information (e.g., credit / debit card number) is transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Even though we have security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security. If you have any questions about security or believe that your interactions with us are no longer secure (for example, you feel that your account with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us by contacting McKesson at Privacy@McKesson.com.
Cross-Border Transfer of Personal Information
When you use or provide us personal information in connection with this site, your personal information may be transferred to another country where we or our vendors operate. The privacy laws and standards to protect data in those countries may differ from those in your own country of residence. We will transfer and protect your personal information in accordance with the law and with this Privacy Notice. We will have proper legal mechanisms in place (such as contracts, data protection agreements, standard contractual clauses, etc.) before we transfer your personal information to another country.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Updates may describe new features, products or services. Updates may also describe changes in how we use your personal information or to your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected. Since we may make changes, we recommend that you read the current version of this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com. You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services (PSaS) McKesson ideaShare)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329