Effective Date: August 17, 2021 At McKesson Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services (PSaS) (“McKesson” or “we”), we value the trust that pharmacies, employees, contractors, vendors, customers, and business partners place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs visitors and regular users of McKesson’s McKesson ideaShare site about how McKesson may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we’re using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using our site, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this site or submitting any personal information.
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services (PSaS) McKesson ideaShare)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329
ScopeThis Privacy Notice applies only to the McKesson ideaShare site (https://mckessonideashare.com). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, McKesson business partners, ad networks and other third parties may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites and applications that you visit and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We CollectWhen you use this site, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Name and Initials
- First name, Last name
- Contact Information
- Business telephone number (office, cell, fax, etc.), Business electronic mail address
- User Behavioral Information
- Geo-location/GPS information, IP address, User’s browser type, User’s operating system, Device/User activity (such as login-logout info, sites/pages visited, # of visits, click stream, navigation, beacon signal hits, errors, crash rate, or other user activities).
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Tracking Technologies We UseWe use various technologies to collect personal information about users of this site. These technologies include the following:
- Web server logs
- As is true of most websites and applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Geo-location Services
- When you enable a location-based service, we may collect information about your location for Geographic research with McKesson ideaShare. Your browser or other device may use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We and our subsidiaries, business partners, marketing partners, affiliates, or other service providers may also use technologies such as Local shared objects (Flash cookies), Web beacons, Scripts and Tags.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” SignalsSome web browsers have a ”Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This site or application is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information CollectedWe may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Reporting or data analytics services
- Customer and troubleshooting support
- To send notices, newsletters, and to communicate with you via email, fax, mail, text message or through mobile badge notifications
- Personalized user service or customized site-content based user preferences
- Surveys or Contests
- If you participate in surveys, we will request certain personal information from you. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you have a choice whether to disclose this information. We may use a third-party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the personal information you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- Pharmaceutical Solutions and Services (PSaS) does not sell personal information about you to third parties
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
Your ChoiceWhere appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through our McKesson ideaShare site will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may contact us to correct, update, amend or request deletion of your personal information through the email or mailing address listed in the Contact Information section below. Where permitted in our legitimate interest, or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or by contacting us using the contact information listed below in this Privacy Notice.
Access to Personal InformationYou can update information about you by contacting your account representative or at McKessonideaShare@McKesson.com.
RetentionWe will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active, as reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Children’s PrivacyThis site is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through the McKesson ideaShare site.
How We Protect Your InformationMcKesson has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations. Any sensitive personal information (e.g., credit / debit card number) will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at Privacy@McKesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy NoticeWe may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. We will not apply changes to this Privacy Notice retroactively to personal information we have previously collected. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
Contact InformationIf you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com. You may also write to us at:
For state specific privacy rights for California residents, please click here.